So far 2018 is looking really promising in the automotive Industry. There have been a couple of good launches this year and if anything, it is going to get even more exiting. So here I am going to discuss about a few cars coming out this year and why you should be shortlisting them if you are in the market for new car. So in no particular order, here are the contenders:
- Tata Tiago JTP: The Tiago is a handsome little hatchback in its own right. It is a cheap to own, easy to drive hatchback that is sensible and practical. But what it isn’t or wasn’t until now is a fun to drive hot hatchback that can give contenders like the Figo and the PuntoAbarth a run for their money. Thankfully though, this might all change with the Tiago JTP, which could one of the most affordable, high performance hatchbacks to launch in India. IT would feature the Nexon’s 1.2 litre Turbo charged petrol engine, tuned to produce 108bhp and 150Nm of torque respectively. If Tata could keep the prices right, this could be one hell of a car to drive.
- Jeep Compass Trail hawk: The Jeep Compass is a well-received productin India, despite being a product of Fiat. Owing to this, Fiat has decided to bring in the upgraded Trailhawk model to the Indian shores, which comes with a lot of off road goodies. The Trailhawk will have a 9 speed automatic transmission mated to the same 2.0 LiterMultijet turbocharged engine that’s in the current Compass. It is good for 170bhp with 350nm of torque, making it ideal for off-roading. The exterior also get a dual tone paint scheme, which looks sporty to say the least. It’ll also get nifty features like panoramic sunroof, six airbags, dual-zone climate control, a seven-inch UConnect infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, etc.
- Mahindra XUV 700: The XUV brand has become quite popular due to its over the top styling and aggressive marketing. And while the facelifted XUV was underwhelming at best, the XUV 700 is probably the best looking Mahindra to date. It’’ come in both petrol and diesel variants and will be priced at roughly 25 lakhs approx. It is based on the SangyongRexton which is a very capable SUV in its own regard.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 2018: It won’t be long before Suzuki launches the midlife facelift of the popular Ciaz sedan for the Indian roads. Although cosmetically the changes are subtle and not much different from the previous generation, but it’ll come with a brand new 1.5L engine, mated to Suzuki’s Hybrid SHVS micro hybrid system which will be shared with other products such as the Maruti ertiga. Other than that, it’ll get new headlamps, bumpers and minor styling tweaks here and there.
- Datsun Go: If you are looking for a cheap runabout, then you might want to consider the new Datsun Go as an option. It will be competing directly with the Hyundai Santro new model 2018, but looks a lot better in my opinion. It will get restyled bumpers, headlamps and slightly updated interiors.